27 November 2015

Arjac's Fourth Shieldbrother, painted

I'm not actually putting Arjac's shieldbrothers in any particular order, other than that in which they are modelled and finished, but since I'm not naming them all, I have to call them something.
 The most distinguishing feature on this model is the Thunder Hammer head sculpted from scratch. I carved a few runes on its surface, which I made glow with Temple Guard Blue. I also gave the claws holding the hammer head the same glow, to show that the weapon is definitely powered.
I considered just making the model's hair and sideburns blonde, but ultimately decided to make them grey instead. I wanted to show that the mohawk isn't a phase among the Sky Warriors, though it may well be a sign of unusual ferocity, which would explain why it's so common among the Blood Claws.
 I decided to give his armour's collar some decoration in Wolf Guard's colours. It's also pretty similar to the pack marking I chose for the Shieldbrothers, making it a good fit.
There's still space for another four Terminators aboard the pack's Crusader (which I may have to post about at some point), but after this one, just adding the Pack Leader and Arjac would already make a respectable-sized (and very expensive, points-wise) formation. I think I will end up filling the transport, just to have that option, but I will consider the formation to be "ready" once the pack leader and Arjac are aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment