23 October 2015

Wolf Scout with a Sniper Rifle

From a narrative standpoint, it makes sense that Wolf Scouts are an Elite choice. They're proven warriors with a natural affinity towards stealth. I just wish the rules reflected this better. I'd welcome a formation that gives Wolf Scouts some more abilities. As it is, I find that sniper rifles are the most appropriate equipment for them.
This is another older model that I finished a good while back. I wanted to emphasize the model's stealthy nature, so I sculpted a fur-lined hood over his head. I also chose to leave his rifle's casing black instead of deep red.
 I painted the camo-cloaks grey to fit the terrain I have used on the bases. I did consider painting some actual camouflage patterns, but decided they would too complicated to paint on the wavy surface of the cloaks.
As usual, I assembled the model fully before painting. As a result, I had to paint the face from an awkward angle, between his rifle and the cloak. I'm not too satisfied with how the face and particularly his left eye turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment