29 April 2016

Seventh Blood Claw, painted

Imagine that, I managed to finally get something painted again! Of course, Space Marines in power armour are pretty quick and easy to paint, and Space Wolves aren't that much tougher, though they do tend to have more bells and whistles, not to mention bare heads. Especially my style of Blood Claws are easy, since the aforementioned bells and whistles are kept to a minimum. Interestingly, though, I find that Terminator Armour is maybe even a little faster to paint, because there isn't that much more surface area, and the lack of external backpack makes things simpler. That's not what this is about, though.
 I decided on a fairly mid-range flesh tone, specifically Cadian Fleshtone. I also painted the hair brown, because not all of my Space Wolves can be blondes and redheads. I considered painting some decoration on the chainsword, but decided that the model included in the Thunderwolf Cavalry kit was fancy enough for a Blood Claw as it was.
The runes on the scroll on his chestplate spell "Knud", btw. I didn't plan it, but looks like I ended up naming one of my models.
 This time around, I decided to paint a couple of random runes on both sides of the helmet as identifiers. I didn't really worry too much about having them make up a word and instead thought the Blood Claw himself would know what they mean
I usually paint the gems on my Space Wolves red, but the warm yellow of the shoulder pad needed a colder colour for contrast, so I went with icy blue on that one.
To finish the model off, I painted the twin fangs pack marking on the right shoulder pad.
I think I'm going to keep building the pack up until 15 models with three flamers. That will give me the option to field all of them or field a smaller pack with or without special weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment