5 April 2016

Wolf Guard Terminator with Wolf Claws

Since I started to bring my oldest Wolf Guard Terminators up to my current standard (or at least closer to it), I decided I want to do my second-favourite model next.
 The pose was inspired by a piece or artwork in the 5th edition Space Wolves Codex. The picture showed a long-haired Space Wolf in Terminator armour and Wolf Claws fighting a large Tyranid. Once I saw how this particular pair of Wolf Claws looked like on a model, I decided I want to recreate that.
Again, the model's head was sculpted out of Green Stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the head unpainted. Though I later learned to make the eyes look better and the face generally more natural-looking, I'm still reasonably satisfied with the way it looks.
I decided that I want at least this pack of my Wolf Guard Terminators to have their left shoulder pads deep red. I used Khorne Red with Mephiston Red highlights. The Crux Terminatus stone is basecoated with Zandri Dust, painted over that with Ushabti Bone, shaded with Agrax Earthshade and finally drybrushed with Terminatus Stone.
The right shoulder pads of my early Wolf Guard models have these stylized wolf head motifs. I decided against using them on all of my Wolf Guard models, but like them too much to replace them on the older ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment