3 April 2016

Wulfen with Frostclaws and Stormfrag Auto-Launcher

I'm still working on the paintwork of the Wulfen pack leader, but decided to go ahead and finish modelling the pack. I have some (vague) plans for when I finish the whole unit, and to do that, I have to get on with it.
 The model is one of the two of the unit that have not had their poses significantly modified by heating, the other one being the model armed with the thunder hammer and storm shield. The only non-standard part of the model is the right arm that was actually promarily intended for an axe, if I recall correctly.
The skull in a helmet on the base came from a Chaos Space Marine banner.
I wanted to add some extra flavour to the model, so I quickly and simply sculpted a small pelt on the left shoulder pad. Although it's reasonable to assume any organic matter would have decomposed in the 10,000 years since the Wulfen's disappearance, the models have a few pelts and wolftail talismans as standard. I suppose that can be adequately explained by the Warp, the 40k universe's magic.
Once I finish painting this and the pack leader, I'll have to decide if I want to make another pack, or rather, how much I'm willing to put time in modelling another pack. If I was in the habit of being reasonable, I'd just assemble the other pack and try to make it unique by using the five other heads in the kit and possibly by using a different type of left shoulder pads. More likely, I'm going to end up spending months sculpting new heads for the whole pack and probably a whole lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment