24 January 2016

Hairless Blood Claw

Having gotten started with my Blood Claws pack, I decided to push on and sculpt another head for another model. As I was doing that, I came to think that a lot of my Wolf Guard and Grey Hunters are bald, and it really wouldn't make sense if all the Blood Claws had long hair or tall mohawks. Of course, my Blood Claws have no beards or at most stubble, and beards help keep the models seem more, eh, wolfy, but then again, they have fangs and stuff hanging all over the place, even if I don't usually give them too many decorative items on account of their low rank in the Chapter.
I'm starting to get the hang of sculpting a snarl on a model's face. I also considered adding some service studs, as Space Wolves don't really care much how they're supposed to be used according to the Codex Chapters, but decided against it, as I feel like it would take some influence in the Chapter to have them implanted, and Blood Claws rarely have that.
I still have a few of the older Ragnar Blackmane's shoulder pads, and feel like they fit Blood Claws the best.
 The rear view is pretty standard, with the Mk. VI helmet and a combat blade hanging from the belt. The model has a combination armour, with Mk. VII torso and Mk. VI legs and helmet. I assume that is true for most Astartes by the 41st millennium, with original full sets getting rarer and rarer. Of course, Mk. VII would be the most common type, with it being the one used to mainly replace the losses suffered during the Horus Heresy.
This is now my third Blood Claw. In the fluff, the pack is about ready to take on almost anything. In game terms, it will soon be legal to field and get nothing done with, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment