27 August 2015

Sicarian Ruststalker

Ever since I first read the 2nd edition Codex Imperialis, I have always liked Adeptus Mechanicus and consider them to be an integral part of the fluff. I actually find it a little strange GW didn't publish codices for them earlier, but better late than never, I suppose.
I bought both Codex Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus as soon as they came out. Never mind that I basically paid twice for what really should be just a single codex (together with the Imperial Knights), the models look cool and most importantly, it's AdMech.

Sicarian Ruststalkers have an appropriately menacing look to them. It's not easy to have no facial features and still have a threatening stare, but these guys somehow manage it.
Game-wise, the combination of chord claw and transonic razor would have admittedly been better, but it's a little too late to change the equipment now. Besides, I don't think I could have made a pose like this with just a hand with unclipped nails and a knife.
 I wanted to have one of the Ruststalkers crossing his/her blades (I suspect the recruits may be of any gender, but by the time the Tech-Priests are done with them, I don't think the concept of gender really applies to them) and painted the blades reacting violently to each other. Martially speaking, there's hardly any point to do this, except maybe to intimidate the opponent, but WH40k isn't about realism.
 I do have one complaint about the models, and that's the fact you can't really repose the legs, torso or head. That just leaves arms, and while a lot can be achieved by using various combinations of weapons and arms, a large Sicarian army will end up a little deja vu-y. The other Skitarii models have the same problem. Green Stuff can't help much either, unless you want to resculpt the torso, and while I do enjoy challenges, that's just a little too much work for the reward of just having a slightly different Sicarian. As a result, my AdMech army will probably remain a small, secondary army.
You may notice that I based my AdMech differently from my Space Wolves. I went for a red desert look, as if they were on the surface of Mars. I also decided to base my Imperial Knight in a similar fashion. I'm sure I'll end up showing the Knight in a future update -- after all, there has to be some use for that Lords of War tag besides Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment