15 August 2015

First of Arjac's Shieldbrothers


As was probably the case with a lot of people who bought the Champions of Fenris supplement, I took an instant liking to the Arjac's Shieldbrothers formation. I like Terminators, I like dedicated assault units and I particularly like the concept of shield walls. It was pretty much unavoidable that I would end up modelling and painting this formation.
This was the first one that I finished, largely because he's the only one in the pack with a helmet on. Not handsculpting a head does make things a lot quicker, even though I did connect a couple of wolf tail talismans to his helmet via chains and sculpted a pelt on his back to give him an individual look. I also sculpted a topspike to his thunder hammer (purely decorative in game terms).


I like the model's relative simplicity. The legs and his pelt flaring out, together with the weapon arm far back, give him a dynamic look. He sets the standard I hope to meet with the rest of the formation.


No comments:

Post a Comment