13 August 2015

First of the Void Claws


To get started, I decided to choose one of my latest projects, a Wolf Guard Terminator armed with Wolf Claws, of Logan Grimnar's Great Company. First of (at least) five, he is the starting point of my Void Claws formation.
 I liked the idea of a group of Terminators specialized for boarding actions, and thought I might want to make use of these guys with the Space Hulk board later on, too. I decided that I would model the whole formation wearing helmets, in part to offset the otherwise very bare-headed appearance of a Space Wolves army, and in part just because I have always liked the way Terminator helmets look.


I also pretty much refuse to make the standard choices when it comes to modelling and painting, and although (or because?) the Void Claws were pictured to be buildable using standard parts, I decided I wanted to make things differently. That's why I decided to sculpt a fur apron with a tooth necklace (loinlace?) and to add extra cabling using guitar strings. I also added extra metal studs on his right lower leg and added a bunch of purity seals.



No comments:

Post a Comment