18 August 2015

Arjac's Shieldbrother & a Deathwatch Veteran


Having read Chris Wraight's Blood of Asaheim, I knew I wanted some of my Wolves to have Deathwatch experience. Since the vanilla Space Marine Terminator set comes with a Deathwatch shoulder pad, I figured I would make one of Arjac's shieldbrothers a DW vet.
There aren't that many distinct Thunder Hammer models, even if you combine the vanilla and Space Wolf sprues, so again, I decided to do some customizing and add a backspike, sculpted to look like a large fang.
His head was a fairly straightforward sculpt, pretty much just a shouty bald guy with a long beard at the tip of his chin. I may yet decorate his shield in some way before painting, though I haven't decided how. Probably just by gluing on some small flavour piece from my bitz box.
To further give him some personal flavour, I connected a Tyranid head (from the Scout sprue) and a banner head from one of the vanilla marine sprues with chains. I consider them both to be mementos from his time in the Deathwatch.



No comments:

Post a Comment