13 March 2016

Wulfen with a Great Frost Axe and a Stormfrag Auto-Launcher, painted

For once, I'm getting a new unit completed at a fairly decent pace, considering the book only came out last month. With any luck, I'll have my Wulfen unit done by the end of March. Knock on wood, though.
 I wonder if I applied too much spray paint on the model's face, as I seemed to have more trouble getting a clean, detailed paintjob than the previous two. Might be because my spray paint can is nearly empty, and they often act up towards the end. Other than that, though, the model ended up finished in a fairly standard, by now established Wulfen fashion, with a wunjo-rune as the pack marking, a skull on the base and everything as usual.
Still liking the GC marking on the shoulder pad.
I wanted to paint the Great Frost Axe in predominantly cold colours and then contrast those with a bright, fiery red gem in the center. For this effect, I added some Nihilakh Oxide prior to drybrushing with Sycorax Bronze. The oxidisation also works with the fluff, as the Great Frost Axes are supposed to be ancient relics, and the bronze decoration would have somewhat oxidised in 10 millennia, to say the least.
With this model done, I'm 60% through my Wulfen. I still have some work to do to finish the pack leader, and the other model left still needs something to make it a little more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment