19 February 2016

The Blackmanes' Fifth Blood Claw

My only Blood Claws pack is currently four-strong. The impatient and unskilled rookies aren't very useful in small numbers, so there's a lot more work to be done.
 I posed the miniature to look like he's keeping his chainsword ready in front of him, while he fires his bolt pistol. I still have some old Blackmanes' shoulder pads left, and plan to use them up on the Blood Claws, such as here.
 I chose a simple, relatively undecorated backpack for the model, planning to save the more elaborate backpacks for Grey Hunters, Wolf Guard and Long Fangs.
 As usual, I glued his helmet on his thigh. Blood Claws would want their faces to be seen when they fight, as they have everything to prove and want to be seen making their kills.
 I hadn't actually tried sculpting grinning faces before, other than my first attempt at Lukas the Trickster (which I have decided to redo, as well). I think this one turned out fine. Seems like the key is in sculpting the cheeks, rather than the mouth itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment