12 February 2016

Arjac's Shieldbrothers' Pack Leader, painted

The Wulfen are the current hot Space Wolves topic, along with the updated datasheets for the old units etc. that are going to change the way the army plays. Naturally, I decided this would be a great time to make a post about something that was topical a year and a half ago, Arjac's Shieldbrothers. The Wolf Guard Terminator pack it mostly consists of now has a leader, which means I could field the unit as a normal pack of Terminators with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields. Arjac himself still needs some work done before he's ready to be painted.
 Last time I showed this guy, he had no face. Obviously, that had to be fixed before I could start painting him. The model's head took inspiration from the Space Wolves Terminators torsos that used to be on sale on Forgeworld. Specifically, I wanted to give the model a mohawk and a long beard.
The model looked to be a little short, so I added some green stuff to the top of his legs piece, lengthening his torso a bit. He's still shorter than my Logan Grimnar or than Arjac will be.
The same view here, but painted. I chose dark-ish brown hair and beard. I thought the model's right shin looked a little plain, so I painted a yellow diamond figure on it and added a transfer. I wanted to have the pack marking somewhere on the model, so I painted it on his belt buckle. 
I felt like the shoulder pads' triangle pattern needed to be painted in Wolf Guard colours, despite the fact that there was only one triangle on the top row that was visible in its entirety.
The Thunder Hammers' cabling's colour is not exactly an important choice, but it's still surprisingly difficult to make sometimes.. This time around I went with dark blue.
I'm relatively satisfied with how the model's bionic left leg turned out. It looks appropriately wolfy and cybernetic, and is decorative and advanced enough to be used by the Chapter Maste's champion's second in command.
Speaking of Arjac, the model is coming along nicely. I expect the formation will be done relatively soon. Unfortunately, I can't really be any more specific than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment