7 February 2016

Fourth Blackmane Blood Claw, painted

Back to the youthful energy, or as a Long Fang would say it, back to the whelps. The Blood Claw pack is now one model away from being large enough to use. Technically, I could just have one of my Wolf Guard models join in as a pack leader and the unit would be legal, as far as the rules are concerned. Of course, that doesn't make it useful.
 I decided to paint the model blonde with pale skin. He ended up looking like he should be a Blood Angel, but with the Wulfen rules coming out, it seems like Space Wolves are going to be pretty similar to the way Blood Angels used to be, so I guess that's fitting.
Instead of the good old knotwork pattern, I decided to use a geometrical, angular pattern on the chainsword, which ended up looking pretty fitting.
 The bolt pistol looks rather ornate for a Blood Claw's sidearm. That might be why the Iron Priest had his weapons chained to his armour (I decided to make the backstory where he lost his weapons on a mission and was punished for it my headcanon). After all, it would make an Iron Priest pretty upset to hear that a whelp lost the bolt pistol he spent hours on.
I painted a diamond pattern on the helmet's crest as an identifying mark. At first, I thought the pattern on his sword could be repeated on the helmet, but ultimately decided against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment