24 June 2016

Dreskor of the Skybolts, painted

We're currently celebrating Midsummer in Finland. You can tell by how the few population centres that exist are nearly empty and people are in their cottages drinking (as opposed to most Finnish holidays, where the people don't leave their hometowns before getting drunk). To celebrate this, I'm presenting a miniature of a stubborn man who's been in disproportionate number of fights for his age and doesn't think there's anything wrong with that. He might be a Finn if he wasn't Fenrisian.
 I sculpted most of the model's scarring on one side of his face and specifically around one of his eyes, so I decided to paint that eye red to show that he has actually lost the eye and has had a bionic replacement put in. Presumably, this took place when he lost his original arm as well, and managed to solidify his reputation as the alpha of his pack.
 I decided to paint the chainsword yellow for a change. I had also planned to add some decorative patterns on it, but decided against it, as the bright yellow colour looked fine on its own.
I painted lightning bolt tattoos on both of the model's temples. I imagine he's fond of the design and got to decide his pack's markings.
 The model's battle helmet also had the same thunderbolt patterns painted on it in Blood Claws' colours. When and if he lives to be a Grey Hunter, he presumably has those repainted in black and red.

Dreskor brings the pack's strength up to three models, so not large enough to use in a game yet. Also, in Codex, the pack strength was listed at 10 men, so I will have to get another kit of Mk.V Assault Marines. I probably won't leave it at that either, since I already have quite a number of the newer jump packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment