17 June 2016

Cathedral Wall Backdrop, main structure

Foamboard may be one of the easiest terrain building materials, but it still certainly takes some time to learn to make anything out of it. I have been building this terrain piece occasionally, but the progress has been fairly slow. Fortunately, I have enough material and it's cheap enough to waste some of it on some occasional mistakes.
After the previous post, I tried to make the previous flying buttresses a little thicker, but just couldn't get them to look right. Eventually, I decided they just needed to be remade. The new ones are somewhat more elaborate, constructed in two pieces each.
I also added a windowsill and some pieces of wood to frame the window.
 The windowsill came from GW's Cities of Death Floor Pack, which I intend to use some more on this project, too. The flying buttresses are still uneven, as can be seen on the right.

After fixing a few minor issues, the next step will be to work on the decoration. I have some plans regarding that, but I'll leave that information to myself for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment