1 December 2015

Void Claws Pack Leader, painted

The design choice of adding extra cabling to the Void Claws may make the models look a little bigger and bulkier, but it also makes them somewhat more difficult to paint. I usually prefer to paint the models' arms separately from the body, but with the stiff guitar strings connecting them together, that's not really an option. On the other hand, the decision to have them all wear their helmets also helps paint them, so all in all, the two largely cancel each other out.
 I repositioned the model's right arm a little after the previous blog post, as I just wasn't very satisfied with the previous pose. This one isn't as dynamic, but to me, looks more natural and, more importantly, doesn't look like the model is impotently shaking his fist. After some consideration, I opted to paint his helmet in Wolf Guard's typical colours of black and yellow, and went for deep red casings on the Wolf Claws.
 Again, I painted the "runes" (not really runes, but Latin alphabet, just written in a sort-of-runic font) in thinned-down Temple Guard Blue to imply that the weapon is crackling with power. I decided not to highlight them with white, as I felt that the colour followed the recesses  closely enough as it is.
For the bluish-grey Space Wolves colour scheme, I paint a basecoat of The Fang over Chaos Black primer. I then paint over that with Russ Grey, wash it with Nuln Oil and finally drybrush with Fenrisian Grey.
The base was a fairly standard one, with cork stone and grass tufts to give it some character.
See the model unpainted

No comments:

Post a Comment