5 July 2016

The Void Claws Formation

I have been meaning to do a post on a whole unit or formation for a while now, and thought today is the day. At first I intended to post about my Wulfen unit, but as it turns out, one of the models had lost his backpack and I have no idea where it could have gone and will probably end up just making another one to replace it. So, an older unit it is, and a formation to boot.
 The Void Claws are a unit of Wolf Guard Terminators, who, unusually for Space Wolves, specialize in deploying by teleportation. They are also used for fighting aboard enemy spaceships, hence the name (and my decision to give them all helmets).
I had also originally made a Terminator-armoured Rune Priest to go with the formation, but it is somewhat unclear if a Rune Priest could actually deploy with them, considering the Formation's benefits include being able to Deep Strike on turn 1 and to reroll the scatter dice, something the Rune Priest would not be able to do normally. I don't think this was covered in the Space Wolves FAQ either, so it would pretty much depend on if the opponent would agree to it.
Here's rear view of the unit, which the controlling player would see most often. I rarely put anything too special on the backsides of my units, though I do paint them to pretty much same standard as the front.

On a different note, I have been thinking about changing my update schedule again. I haven't decided anything yet, but there's a fair chance I'd only do one post per week in the future. This weekly post would be somewhat bigger than most of my posts so far, as it might include two or three units, or possibly both assembled and painted pictures of a single model, along with more detailed information.
As I mentioned, I haven't decided anything yet, but it would make sense from my perspective, and I think it might work well for the readers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment