8 January 2017

Wolf Priest

I have quite a few Blood Claws already, but at WS and BS of 3, they're not very effective on their own, even if they get a lot of attacks on a charge. I decided they could use a boost, and the various Priests of the Space Wolves are a natural choice. I already have a couple of Rune Priests, and Iron Priests aren't really meant for this, so here's a Wolf Priest.

 I wanted to clearly differentiate the 'generic' Wolf Priest from Ulrik the Slayer, so in addition to the different ranged weapon (bolt pistol vs. Ulrik's plasma pistol) I decided to give him a fur hood. The legs are from the Space Marine Vanguard Veteran kit, with some of the less chapter appropriate details filled in and a Space Wolves style gemstone added. The torso is a very vanilla Mk.VII power armour front combined with the cloak from the Space Wolves upgrade kit. I also sculpted some extra details on it. The pointing bionic arm is from the Devastator Squad kit.
I wanted to make a very norse-looking power maul, so I ended up taking a relatively typical Scandinavian interpretation of the mjölnir (Thor's hammer) and scaling it down enough to look more like a power maul than a thunder hammer. Incidentally, it almost looks small enough to be actually useful as a blunt weapon, at least when used two-handed.

As a model wearing black armour, the model should be done by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment