15 January 2017

Wolf Priest, painted

Between the Deathwatch and a couple of Wolf Priests (Ulrik included), I have been getting plenty of practice in painting black armour, which I remember finding difficult when I first originally started 40k back in the primitive days of the late 1990's. I probably would have originally started collecting Black Templars, if I could have sorted out how to highlight black armour properly. Of course, I had much less experience in painting and even just with my general manual dexterity.

Most of the model being coloured either black or bone, I wanted to give it a little colour where I could. The rope around his thigh was painted bright red, to contrast with the cold blue jewels.
I have to say I like the way the fur hood turned out. It looks somewhat like a mail coif, giving the model a very Medieval flavour.
The purity scrolls fluttering to a completely different direction from the wolf cloak is something of a flaw. The backpack the scrolls are attached to cannot move in a different direction than the torso that the cloak is attached to. The only explanation I can think of is that the much lighter purity seals are flying in the wind, while the heavier cloak is being thrown back by its own momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment