4 December 2016

Two Human Linemen and a Blitzer, painted

Getting a copy of Blood Bowl was fairly inevitable for me as soon as I found out it was going to be published again. I had only played it on PC previously, and from what I understand, everything that was good about the adaptation was in the source material.
I think my main team will either be Dwarfs, Norse or Chaos, and I may even end up selling one or both of the teams included in the box sets. I still plan to paint them both, though.

 I'm not very well versed in Blood Bowl role, and don't really know the colour schemes of many established teams. Coupled with the fact that I wasn't planning on keeping on playing the standard human team, I decided to just use the Reikland Reavers colour scheme. The biggest change I made was making my Reavers' armour plates look more metallic. I painted the metal parts with Leadbelcher. Then, I painted thinned Atldorf Guard Blue over Leadbelcher, shaded with Nuln Oil and then painted likewise thinned Calgar Blue over that. I finally highlighted the edges of the plates with Runefang Steel.
 I briefly considered buying the new snowy Blood Bowl board and keeping on using the same ice base I always make, but ended up using Lustrian Undergrowth, and drybrushed it in places with Warboss Green, Balor Brown and Gorthor Brown. I chose to leave the edges of the bases black.
The Linemen and Blitzers are relatively easy to paint with their closed helmets. The future challenges of Throwers and Catchers may prove to be more of a challenge, not to mention the Orks.

No comments:

Post a Comment